Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I love CS friends

After a meeting with a friend of mine, Chris, who has been doing gaming programing for a while. I found out he has worked with Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms. After a 2 hr conversation I have a better understanding of both and there uses and common applications. As such I have decided to concentrate on genetic algorithms for now, since they seem to hold the key to what I need to accomplish. I described my project to Chris and he decided it was interesting and would help me with the more complicated C++ programing. After describing in abstract how GA's work and showing me an example of one that he made I now have a bit more understanding of what work is ahead of me. We decided the first step for the GA is that it needs a set of possibilities, kind of like a genome or strand of DNA. So the next step in the project is to get an API (I think that's the acronym) that the computer will use to make the work, and then produce a 'library' the code can input into the API to create the 'work'.

No comments:

Post a Comment